Close this window to return to Happy Berry
- Puree blueberries with fruit juices and/or other fruits
and freeze to make popsicles. Yogurt
can be added to the mixture before freezing for extra flavor and nutrition.
- To add blueberries to your favorite cake or quick bread
recipe, use 1 cup of blueberries for every 2 cups of flour in your recipe. Use 2 tbs of the flour to coat your dry
berries; this will help keep them from sinking to the bottom of the pan.
- Overmixing blueberries will crush them. Fold them gently into other
ingredients. Crushed berries may make
food look gray; or blue.
- Orange, lemon, cinnamon and nutmeg flavors mix well
with blueberry flavors.
- Blueberries are one of summer’s treats. ˝ cup amounts to only 45 calories, AND
blueberries are high fiber, high in vitamin C and second only to bananas in
- Add frozen blueberries to your morning cereal. They will thaw enough to be eaten in the
time it takes to add milk.
- Frozen blueberries can be used as fresh berries in most
of your recipes. DO NOT defrost them
first. Batter will freeze to frozen
berries and help prevent the berries from “bleeding” and turning your recipes
- When you have more blueberries than you can eat, freeze
them to eat later. For fresher tasting
blueberry jam, freeze berries and make the jam in small quantities as you need
The Happy Berry, Inc.
120 Kelley Cr. Rd.
Phone: (864) 868-2946
Farm: (864) 350-9345